Like a double edged sword…. manipulation cuts and tears down
Not all women know what to look for regarding abusive relationships and often we make excuses for men with bad behavior who are otherwise ‘great guys’.
…. Oh, he had a bad day
…..Oh, he lost his job
Abusive men often blame the women for their mean behavior and we begin to believe that it’s something we are doing to cause the bad behavior.
It’s usually not a huge overt action at first.
Here are some early signs of an unhealthy relationship:
- Small subtle insults here and there
- Finding issue with family or positive people in your life
- Disapproving of activities that make you happy like family gatherings, church, working out.
- Finding ways to isolate you from others who will identify the bad behavior and call it out
- Breaking objects in front of you
These are all acts of manipulation and abuse.
If you see any of these signs in your relationship please get help.
Here are some resources: